Today’s Church needs the gifts and talents of the laity. How are you using your talents, gifts, and treasures to grow the Kingdom of God? Everything we do, whether it’s going to the movies, helping in the parish, or boating on Keuka, Seneca, or Canandaigua Lake should be done to honor and give glory to God! All of our ministries and organizations strive to do just that! Which one will you join?
- the Catholic Daughters of America and the Knights of Columbus
- Liturgical Ministries
- Evangelical and Catechetical Ministries
- Social Ministries
- Office Help
- Site Specific Ministries and Services
- Representative to the Council of Churches
- Stewardship Committee
- Cemetery Committee
- Migrant Issues (Done in conjunction with the Worker Justice Center of New York Request to be on their Alianza Agricola list serv for up-to-the-minute opportunities.)
Minutes of all councils and committees of the parish can be found at https://ourladyofthelakescc.org/bulletins-and-news/council-minutes/
We are also part of the Catholic Family Center of the diocese. Its mission is to provide emergency and shelter services, addiction treatment programs, a mental health clinic, and services to the elderly, families and refugees.
The Parishes and the Diocese of Rochester are committed to offering a safe environment for all people. We follow the policies established by the Diocese of Rochester for this purpose.
- All volunteers are encouraged to complete the Creating A Safe Environment (CASE) training. This course is mandatory for anyone who ministers specifically to children, youth and vulnerable adults. Adults must submit to a background check. Access it online. Once approved, retraining is required every three years.
We need your help to continue to proclaim the Kingdom of God! We encourage everyone from the young to the old, and retired, to volunteer with us! We are a family in the Lord Jesus. The more hands we have, the more joyfully we live our lives, the more effectively we can bring others to God!