Looking for the Ash Wednesday schedule? Page 4 of this bulletin will give you the information you seek.
In hopes that the Congress and the President will craft a bi-partisan bill to ensure the future of THE DREAMERS (DACA), we are being asked to use and share the U.S. Bishops online Action Alert. Parishioners also have the option to sign petitions at all Masses on 2/17-18. Will you be a Kingdom builder?
Our Christian brother, Gilberto Reyes Herrera, who plead guilty to illegal reentry to be reunited with his family, is in a detention center in Batavia. His case is still under review! Please keep calling the State Troopers and Governor Cuomo to demand we get an answer to the violation of the 2014 memo to not turn people over to border patrol. Since 6/29/17 we have heard no answer from our State government except that they are “still investigating the facts.” He can receive visitors, coordinated by Nancy Richardson. Also, if you wish to help support his family, donations can be made in these ways:
• If you would like a tax deductible donation, checks should be made out to WARE.
• If not, you can write the check out to Gabriela Reyes-Leon.
• Please send checks to:Nancy Ghertner 6055 Robinson Rd, Sodus, NY 14551
Congratulations to Donna Gardiner, parish secretary, who has resigned to enjoy a well-deserved retirement!
Happy & safe travels to our snow birds, including Fr. Jack!
Children’s Liturgy of the Word is back on the second and fourth Sundays at the 9:30 Mass at St. Michael’s. It’s for pre-school children -2nd graders. They will have their own special time to break open God’s Word. As more volunteers step up, we will offer it on all Sundays. “Let the little children come to me.” –Jesus
- The Stewardship committee needs to fill 3 year around vacancies (2 from St. Michael’s and 1 from St. Januarius’) and 2 seasonal (snowbird) (from St. Januarius’) vacancies. Representatives from all worship sites help invigorate OUR parish. Contact Cathy Matulewicz at 315 536-7155 or firstname.lastname@example.org or see Father Leo.
- The Finger Lakes and Wayne County Catholic Charities Board of Directors is looking for a representative to its Social Justice subcommittee. The subcommittee meets five times a year, for an hour and a half. Subcommittee members advise the assigned Board member of any issues/concerns. If interested, contact Deacon Greg Kiley at Gregory.Kiley@dor.org or by calling 315-789-2686 x124.
Register now for the Rochester Catholic Women’s Conference, coming back to the Aquinas Institute on March 10. This year’s theme, “The Power of the Eucharist”, was chosen to correspond with the Diocese of Rochester’s Year of the Eucharist, and features speakers Danielle Bean and Dr. Edward Sri, and a Church-approved Eucharistic Miracle exhibit. Cost: $53 online, $50 for mail-ins, and $25 for current high school or college students.
Changes to our Mass schedule
At St. Michael’s the 7 AM Mass will hibernate until Memorial Day weekend when we welcome back our snowbirds and summer visitors. It will continue through Labor Day weekend, when it will go into hibernation again.
The 11 AM Mass at St. Theresa’s, Stanley will permanently move to 11:15 AM, allowing our priests more opportunity to greet you and safer drive time.
Keep checking the bulletin for information to help us draw closer to Jesus during the Year of the Eucharist!
The Year of the Eucharist was opened on 6/18/17 by the Most Reverend, Salvatore R. Matano, 9th Bishop of Rochester. On Sunday, October 15 at St. Michael’s, Our Lady of the Lakes welcomed his His Excellency to help us celebrate the Year of the Eucharist. We offered Eucharistic Adoration followed by Benediction. The bishop entertained questions from parishioners. Refreshments were offered thanks to the Catholic Daughters and the Knights of Columbus. On 3/3/2018 the diocese will celebrate its 150th anniversary. Diocesan-wide, parishes will emphasize the centrality of the Eucharist in the lives of Catholics. The year will close on the Feast of the Body and Blood (Corpus Christi), 6/3/2018.
Migrant Ministry Newsletter_Christmas 2017 (002)
For a full size version click here
Do you have a smart phone? Our Calendar is available through the teamup app found in both the Apple App Store and Google Play! Simply download the app and type in the following link without the parentheses: (https://teamup.com/ks3g27sxdrur48nr4r) this link will give you access to all of the events happening in the OLOL community!