What does the Catholic Ministries Appeal (CMA, formerly known as the Thanksgiving Appeal) fund? View this video to get an idea. In words, here it is also.
- Funds ministries that nurture children and teenagers in the Catholic faith, teaching values they’ll carry into adulthood.
- Helps pay for the proper education of our seminarians on the road to priestly ordination.
- Ensures we can help struggling families find their way through economic crisis and back to stability.
- Prepares engaged couples for God-centered marriages rooted in the Catholic Church.
- Educates and prepares those who wish to become Catholic for the fullness of life in the Church through RCIA.
- Enables us to promote Catholic values about the sanctity of all life, making our voices heard in society.
- Funds programs that give young adults on college campuses a connection to the Church.
- Provides important services to our parish that we would find difficult to afford on our own.
- Supports ministries that reach out with the hands and heart of Christ to the aged, sick, and imprisoned.
- Helps fund the crucial work of Catholic Charities, which serves more than 250,000 people annually.
Our diocese, like any other non-profit organization, depends on the generosity of parishioners. Without your contributions, it would be difficult, if not impossible, for our diocesan Church to fulfill its mission to proclaim the Good News, care for those in need and return to parishes services that are outside the normal operating structure. The annual appeal begins each September.
All parishes are given a contribution goal. If we do not meet our goal, making up the shortfall comes from weekly contributions. Let’s not let that happen! If you have not yet received an appeal in the mail, get a contribution envelope near this year’s poster in all of our worship sites. Be sure to write our parish number, 359, on your pledge and check. You can drop your pledge/contribution in the collection on Sundays.