There are many sites for news of the Catholic Church. Locally, our latest bulletin can be found on our Welcome page. The Catholic Courier Journal is our diocesan newspaper. The Catholic News Agency covers the Church nationally and world-wide.
More sources to aide us in our spiritual walk include:
- Formed, the Catholic Faith on Demand is a subscription based platform for movies, courses, books and reflections. In 2022-23 use our parish subscription to view for free. Use our parish code of 14527 when signing up as a parishioner. Also download the Amen app, which gives you daily readings and more resources to develop your spiritual self.
- Ascension Presents brings entertaining, faith-filled, and dynamic presenters straight to your news feed. They provide engaging content that reflects the good, the true and the beautiful — hoping to bring our hearts closer to Christ.
- Heroic Men: a 100% FREE Catholic streaming platform, offering lighthearted entertainment to deep-dives into theology. No matter the genre, the films, shows, books and more all share a richness in Catholic values, curated with men in mind.
- At Catholic Online you can get the daily Bible readings, news about what is happening, learn about the saints and shop for merchandise.
- Word on Fire Auxiliary Bishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles, CA, Robert Barron, teaches about the New Evangelization. His videos can be found here.
- Empowering, encouraging, and equipping families and marriages to build authentic relationships rooted in Christ is the mission of Catholic Marriage and Family, Inc. Check out it’s online magazine, The Fam!
- Need to unplug from the busyness of the world, but short on time? The Jesuits have got you covered! 3 Minute Retreats are available on your computer, tablet or smart phone. Free downloads!
- Exult is the site for men to register for the annual Diocesan Men’s Conference.
- Diocesan women are also encouraged to attend a conference just for them, usually in March. Their Facebook page is here.
- Cobblestone Springs Center for Renewal in Creation, located in Himrod, offers a schedule which includes prayer, reflections, book discussions, meditation, retreats and celebrations.
- Notre Dame Retreat House, located in nearby Canandaigua, a mission of the Redemptorists, also schedules retreats for men, women, couples and hosts Days of Prayer. For Our Lady of the Lakes, the women’s retreat is usually scheduled in June while the men’s is usually held in October.
Catholic Programming, including Mass online:
CatholicTV: (Archdiocese of Boston with National Coverage and Important Catholic News: Very User Friendly and Local Seminarians are occasionally featured in some Programs) EWTN: (National and International Catholic Programming)
Of particular interest to young adults (ages 18-35):
- ChurchPop: This site is filled with great articles on the Church and other faith matters.
- Busted Halo: Through articles, videos, podcasts, radio, and social media, they aspire to help Catholics embrace their faith more fully.For Teens and Children
- Life Teen: Online Youth Ministry movement to help teens better understand the Catholic Faith.
- Edge by LifeTeen: Youth ministry for middle school students.
- Disciples in Christ: education in Virtue
- Catholic Education Foundation
- Here is a reference guide for praying the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- An introduction to Lectio Divina (an ancient tradition of growing with Christ through Sacred Scripture).
- Links to help understand Liturgy, our participation and public expression of praise and worship:
- Liturgy by New Advent
- The Extraordinary Form, also known as the Old Mass, Click Here
- More on Catholic Liturgy and Liturgical Practices: Click Here
- The Jesuits help us understand the Mass here..
- Need a refresher on Items used during the Mass and other Liturgies? Click here..
- Some links to help us in the practice of the Liturgy of the Hours:
Eucharistic Exposition and Adoration:
The Catechism of the Catholic Church is gives a summary of doctrine and helps us to learn how to live, worship and pray. Access it here The Catechism of the Catholic Church (Vatican Archives) or here The Catechism of the Catholic Church (USCCB website). Issued in in 2010 by His Holiness Pope Benedict the YouCat, The Youth Catechism, is youth friendly. Read it online here or view lessons here.
- Click here for Canon Law.
- The Holy See (The Vatican)
- and here for The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
Growing our Faith Community:
- Our Facebook page can keep you up-to-date on upcoming events, provide humor, inspiration and news of local interest. Access it here. Remember, we also have a Twitter account. Our handle is @ololflxparish.
- A description of the activities of our Social Ministry team is found here: activities. Area wide, we have the Finger Lakes and Wayne County Catholic Charities office. Statewide, we have the Action Center of the NYS Catholic Conference. The US Bishops have an Action Center, but for late breaking action items, listening to Christian radio or tuning into Christian TV might be more helpful.
- In Penn Yan and Naples, Councils of Churches exist. The councils promote Christian unity, welcoming all faiths, to “work with secular and interfaith partners to advance a shared agenda of peace, progress, and positive change.” The way to stay connected to the Penn Yan Council is to follow their Facebook page. In Naples, contact Nancy Olney, PO Box 182, Naples, NY 14512.
Camp Koinonia Located within our parish boundaries lies this beautiful get away. It offers week-long retreats for families to grow closer, relax and renew their spirits. The program staff consists of a priest, spiritual directors and program directors. Teens are offered a life changing experience as staffers, serving the families and finding lifelong friends. Young adults also have an important place at Camp Koinonia, as Holy Helpers. To learn more, click here.
Camp Stella Maris: Camp Stella Maris (CSM) is an independent, self-supporting entity of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Campers attend Catholic Mass 3 times each week. Its spiritual program teach values and lessons that can be applied throughout life, regardless of where anyone is in her/his faith journey. Camp Stella Maris is located in Livonia, NY, on the shore of Conesus Lake. It hosts weekend Adventure Days and summer opportunities. To find out more about camp opportunities click here.
Fellowship for Men & Women
- Knights of Columbus (Our Council is 10976)
- Catholic Daughters of the Americas (Our Court is 1173)
- Magnificat Is a diocesan approved ministry to women borne out of the Charismatic Renewal. The Rochester Chapter hosts quarterly prayer breakfasts with opportunity for Reconciliation, shopping, uplifting music and testimonies.
- The Rochester Cursillo Movement renews the spirituality of men & women, giving them a clearer understanding of how Christ can work through them to bring Christian values to all people and environments with whom they come in contact.