Our Lady of the Lakes is your Church family. The more of us involved, the more effectively we can live as disciples and joyfully honor God!
Your involvement helps build God’s Kingdom. Today’s Church needs the gifts and talents of the laity. When we recognize that all we have comes from God, how easy is it to offer gratitude by giving back? Your talents, gifts and treasure are needed to help make our parish vibrant. Take the Spiritual Gifts Assessment if you are unsure.
- To which of these ministries, outreaches and organizations is God calling you?
- Liturgy Committee & Ministries
- Faith Formation & Catechetical Ministries
- Social Ministry Committee & Ministries
- Stewardship Committee
- Evangelization Committee
- Finance Committee
- Cemetery Committee
- Office Help
- Site Specific Ministries and Services that need your participation
- Pray the Rosary (Mary, our Holy Mother, through her Immaculate Heart, urges us to pray the Rosary daily. Pray it with other parishioners Mondays at Saint Michael’s.)
- Youth Groups (Our Children are our future. Without them, the church will not grow. Help them be be our future leaders by leading them!)
- Organizations (like The Center for Dispute Settlement, Project HEAL, Care-Net, etc.)
- The Knights of Columbus
- Catholic Daughters of America
- Council of Churches
- Migrant Ministry through the Worker Justice Center of NY Many volunteer opportunities are available and can be found by asking to receive their monthly emails through Alianza Agricola.
Everyone from young to old and retired is needed. We want your experience to be safe and rewarding. Therefore, Safe Environment and ministry specific training is required. In addition, you are encouraged to read the Creating A Safe Environment newsletter, published quarterly in English and Spanish.
- Anyone who ministers specifically to children, youth and vulnerable adults must take an online Creating a Safe Environment (CASE) training. This includes a background check. Once approved, retraining is required every three years. Training for minors must be live and does not involve a background check.
- Additionally, all families enrolled in Faith Formation must have 3 units of safe environment training each year.
- These forms are required for adults. Please fill them out and submit them to Patty Larzelere.