“And the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.” The Lord replied, “If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.” (Luke 17:5-6)
In many ways faith is caught, not taught. It requires knowing God’s Word, bringing our joys and sufferings to Mass as offering, and giving ourselves over to our trusting Creator. Like Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane, we need to trust and obey so that we may cry out in prayer, “Not My will but Your’s be done.”
Opportunities to learn more about the Bible and our Catholic Faith are available to adults through small groups or online in the courses for adults at My Catholic Faith Delivered. Also recommended are participation in ministries, fellowship with other parishioners, spiritual reading and Christian radio.
A great resource can be found here:
- My Catholic Faith Delivered
- Pray as you Go! (We are all busy here is a great why to pray and grow in faith on the go!)
- Minute Meditations (Quick one minute meditations! great for those on the go!)
- An introduction to Lectio Divina (An ancient tradition of growing with Christ through Sacred Scripture)
- Word on Fire (Great faith formation provided by Bishop Robert Barron the Auxiliary Bishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Bishop Barron is a leading expert on the New Evangelization and frequently seen on EWTN, Fox News, and NBC Nightly News) a quick link to videos can be found here
Some other great resources for adults old and young alike can be found here: Click Here
Do you like to read or do you have a child who loves to read? Here are great lists of books that have a solid catholic message
Camp Stella Maris: Camp Stella Maris (CSM) is an independent, self-supporting entity of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester. Campers attend a kid-friendly Catholic Mass 3 times each week. Our spiritual program teaches values and lessons that can be applied throughout our lives regardless of where each person is in their faith journey. Camp Stella Maris is non-conversional and campers are not required to be Catholic. To learn more Click Here
To build strong Catholic families, take time to be for each other. These steps will help:
- Actively worship at Mass weekly together as a Family! (There is no greater way to build a Catholic Family, The Mass and Eucharist should be at the heart of the Family)
- Consecrate your family to The Blessed Virgin Mary/ or a dedicated Patron Saint
- Make time to pray, converse and eat together daily.
- Make time to do the weekly lesson and other family activities together.
- Attend Family Faith Formation for 1.5 hours monthly on Sundays from September – May. See the Events schedule for dates, locations and times
- Incorporate spiritual reading, listening to Christian radio into your lives.
- Attend social events within the parish.
- Participate in the ministries of the parish. (click on the Ministries found under Giving.)
- As a family, participate in two service projects each year.